Trehan Consulting Group is looking for IT Specialist for one of their clients located in Toronto, Ontario
• Will monitor and respond to a telephone, email, and chat support queue which requires immediate response time during the business. After hours there is a 15-30 min response time.
• Provide Level 1/2 On-Site Support for all reported end-user-related incidents. The incumbent will further diagnose a client-reported problem associated with End User Computing services (desktop, laptop, printer, peripherals, enterprise applications) that has been escalated from Level 1 (Service Desk/Front Line Technical Support), delivering prompt follow-up and updates for incident tickets
• Provide inventory control and lifecycle asset management for end-user computing devices. The incumbent will be required to effectively manage the inventory control system, participate in inventory integrity audits and reviews, prepare detailed reports for inventory validation, and execute asset procurement activities.
• Execute PC refresh strategy. The incumbent will organize desktop and notebook hardware refresh activity for end-users and execute these refreshes in accordance with the pre-determined timeline. This requires coordinating and scheduling the refresh work activity to meet end-user availability and following established procedures for hardware device refresh to include configuration of standard desktops/notebooks and peripherals.
• Process and deliver upon client service requests for Installs, Moves, Adds, Changes, & Deletes. The incumbent will execute these service request types in accordance with established service delivery response targets. This requires scheduling the work associated with the request in conjunction with other business priorities and client availability for service delivery.
• Participate in key software and hardware deployment projects. The incumbent will work as part of broader technology initiatives and implementations sponsored by other areas of Enterprise Services, playing a service deployment role for those major implementations. Examples include PC operating system upgrades, security software upgrades, major enterprise application rollout, major hardware upgrades, and/or rollouts.
• Manage and maintain On-Site Support procedures and operational documentation. The incumbent will ensure procedural documentation is maintained current and accurate. The incumbent will author updated 1st Level support scripts for the Service desk agents.
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills with PC operating systems specifically Windows 10 and macOS, computer hardware repair, and device connectivity (TCP/IP, network adapter configuration).
• Microsoft, Apple, or any other certificates are preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills with server operating systems (specifically Windows Server 2012-2019), server hardware repair, and network connectivity (DHCP, DNS). Experience working with Microsoft Azure is an asset.
• Ability to manage multiple environments with different requirements
• Solid understanding of network (WAN, LAN, VPN) and telephony systems.
• Working knowledge of enterprise software tools such as MS Office 365
• Proven customer experience practiced communication skills, both orally, and written.
• Technical education and training resulting in a certification (product-specific, vendor-specific, or technical courses) in any area of support for personal computers including computer operating systems, computer hardware repair, PC configuration.
• Minimum 5 years of field support experience in either: server support, end-user support, software support, computer hardware configuration and/or repair, Help Desk / Service Desk support.
• Demonstrated experience managing competing demands and working in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work extended hours. Available on call.
• Must have a valid G2 driver’s license and a car.
Location- Toronto (on site) (Part-time)
** This is not a remote job**
Job Type: Part-time