- Maintain, troubleshoot, repair and administer local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks, computer workstations, connections to the Internet and peripheral equipment
- Evaluate and install computer hardware, networking software, operating system software and software applications
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and upgrade Web-server hardware and software
- Perform routine network start up and close and maintain control records
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations
- Perform shell scripting or other basic scripting tasks
- Expertise in diagnosing defects, taking devices apart and assembling them back, replacing faulty parts, and instructing customers on how to handle devices correctly.
- Diagnose hardware device faults, identify parts required, order parts, and resolve issue, update the case with issue and service info and close service incidents as per requirements.
- Can handle break fix calls and ability to also do imaging and staging of equipment
- Handle the changing user campus of switching and upgrading users as they evolve
- Backroom / administrative tasks related to the primary function of PC support with responsibility for conducting shipping and receiving activities, managing small amounts of spare PCs and PC accessories inventory, creating reports.
- Other end-user computing PC support tasks
- May supervise other workers in this group.
- Completion of a college diploma or other progrtam in computer science, network administration, or a related field is required.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years expereice preferred. Basic training will be provided.
* Must be a Canadian Resident.
**LMIA, Job Offers, BC PNP, or other supporting documents can be provided to temporary foreign workers who perform well.***
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent